Welcome to Cantley Flower Show
SATURDAY 7th SEPTEMBER 2019 at 2pm
OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CANTLEY AND SURROUNDING VILLAGES, PUPILS OF CANTLEY SCHOOL, AND ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES.
To be held at CANTLEY VILLAGE HALL
Admission at the door Adults 30p and Children 10p (including lucky number ticket).
Welcome to the Cantley and District Flower Show 2019. Thank you for your support in previous years, whether in entering or coming to the Show on the day. We look forward to seeing you this year.
We are very pleased to welcome Emma Goodrum to our committee.
For general advice on how to improve how you present your exhibits try looking at “Flower Show Tips”. Please feel free to comment on how the tips can be improved.
PHOTOGRAPHY subjects for 2019
P1…Sunrise / Sunset
P5… Farm Animals
P6… Butterflies / Moths
The Photography subjects for Children for 2019 are :-
Children (0 to 6) years cuddly toy
Children (7 to 10) years holiday time
Children (11 to 16) years favourite place
There are numerous changes to the Children’s classes in all three age groups. Please read them carefully.
The Flower Arranging class B3 is a Film Title.
Please also note that the hall will be open between 09.15am and 10.30am, for staging your exhibits, as we did last year.
If you are interested in helping with the Flower Show or would like to join our committee then please let us know.
We look forward to receiving your completed entry form during early September 2019.
FLOWER SHOW COMMITTEE
Judith Beadle (treasurer) 29A, Church Road 01493 701231
Robert Beadle (chairman) 29A, Church Road 01493 701231
Tim Drew 1, Oak Tree Close 01493 700226
Emma Goodrum 2, Stanley Close 01493 271144
Please contact any member of the committee if you would like to join us or if you have any questions about the Show.
HOW TO TAKE PART IT IS FREE TO ENTER WHY NOT ENTER THIS YEAR?
a) Please tick or circle the classes you wish to enter on the CLASSES TO ENTER and on the ENTRY FORM, and hand the ENTRY FORM to any member of the committee by Thurs 5th September 2019. You may either use the copy you receive in late July or early August or print a copy from this website. You may enter as many classes as you like. Please read the regulations below.
b) Come to Cantley Village Hall from 9.15am on Saturday 7th September 2019 with your exhibits. You will then be given a batch of sticky labels with your allocated number. You may then label and display your exhibits. Please leave the hall by 10.30am. Judging will commence at 10.45am.
c) Come back at 2pm when the Hall is open to the public to view the exhibits and to take part in the raffle and tombola, as well as enjoying a cup of tea or coffee and a chat.
d) The Trophies will be presented at 3.15pm (starting with the Poster competition prizes) followed by the payment of prize money and a period for those exhibits, not to be left for the auction, to be removed. The auction of produce at 4.00pm followed by the draw for the lucky number door tickets and the raffle draw. We are always very grateful to those exhibitors who donate produce for the auction.
Cantley Flower Show
Saturday 7th September 2019
Cantley Village Hall
Programme of events
09.15–10.30 Hall open for staging entries
(Please come along with all your exhibits. You will be given a batch of sticky labels with your allocated number so that you can label and display your exhibits. Please leave the hall by 10.30 am.)
10.45–2.00 Hall closed while judging takes place.
2.00 pm Flower Show Opens
(Please come and support the Flower Show. Take part in the raffle and tombola, as well as enjoying a cup of tea and a chat. See how well your exhibits have done. Enjoy browsing all the other exhibits and Posters.)
3.15 pm Presentation of Poster Competition Prizes
3.20 pm Presentation of Flower Show Trophies
(At the end of the presentations is the time to collect your prize money and to pack up your exhibits. Any donations to the auction will be welcomed.)
4.00 Auction of Produce
4.15 pm Door Prize Draw and Raffle Draw
1. All entry forms must be handed in by Thursday 5th September 2019. Late entries may be accepted on the day at the discretion of the committee.
2. All exhibits must be clearly labelled with the exhibitor’s number. (The numbered stickers are supplied on the morning of the show)
3. No exhibitor may make more than one entry per class.
4. The exhibitor, with the exception of classes B1, B2 & B3 (Flower Arranging), must have grown all flowers and produce.
5. Exhibitors must supply their own plates and baskets. Limited supplies of vases for flowers are available at the hall.
6. All cookery items must have been prepared by the exhibitor. Any exposed cookery items should be covered. (Cling film is acceptable).
7. Handicraft exhibits must have been made by the exhibitor within the last 2 years.
8. Photographs must have been taken by the exhibitor and must not exceed 10 inches by 8 inches (25cm x 20cm) including any mount. There is no time limit on when the photograph was taken. (These rules apply to the adult and child classes)
9. No exhibits or prize tickets to be removed before presentation of cups.
10. Prizes and Points to be awarded as follows:-
1st Prize 50p 2nd Prize 30p 3rd Prize 20p.
1st Prize 50 points 2nd Prize 30 points 3rd Prize 20 points.
11. Exhibitors may stage their exhibits from 9.15am until 10.30am on the day of the show.
12. The exhibits and the presentation of the Trophies may be photographed on behalf of the Flower Show Committee. These photographs remain the property of the Committee and may be used at their discretion. (Website, press etc).
13. 19 challenge cups will be awarded, to be held for one year only and returned by the Thursday preceding the next Flower Show.
14. THE EXTERNAL JUDGES’ DECISION IS FINAL