CANTLEY & DISTRICT FLOWER SHOW
SATURDAY 1st SEPTEMBER 2018 at 2pm
OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CANTLEY AND SURROUNDING VILLAGES, PUPILS OF CANTLEY SCHOOL, AND ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES.
To be held at CANTLEY VILLAGE HALL
Admission at the door Adults 30p and Children 10p (including lucky number ticket).
Message from the Chairman.
Welcome to the Cantley and District Flower Show Web Page on the Cantley.org website. Thank you for your support in previous years, whether in entering or coming to the Show on the day. We look forward to seeing you this year.
The Show is “OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CANTLEY AND SURROUNDING VILLAGES, PUPILS OF CANTLEY SCHOOL, AND ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES”. This is to encourage more people to enter. If you have friends who previously felt they were excluded then please let them know. If you are visiting friends or relations in Cantley at the time of the show, if you were born in Cantley or attended Cantley school then you are also welcome to enter.
For general advice on how to improve how you present your exhibits try looking at “Flower Show Tips”. Please feel free to comment on how the tips can be improved.
PHOTOGRAPHY subjects for 2018
P5…People at Play
The Photography subjects for Children for 2018 are :-
Children (0 to 6) years G6…Animal
Children (7 to 10) years H7…Wheels
Children (11 to 16) years J3… Making Music
The Flower Arranging class B3 is a Book Title.
For Children (7 to 10 years) the H8…Poster subject is still “Safety on the Broads”
Please also note that the hall will be open between 09.15am and 10.30am, for staging your exhibits, as we did last year.
If you are interested in helping with the Flower Show or would like to join our committee then please let me know.
We look forward to receiving your completed entry form during late August 2018.
Thank you Robert Beadle
FLOWER SHOW COMMITTEE
Judith Beadle (treasurer) – 29A, Church Road 01493 701231
Robert Beadle (chairman) – 29A, Church Road 01493 701231
Tim Drew – 1, Oak Tree Close 01493 700226
Steve Bennett – 2, Highland Close 01493 700252
Please contact any member of the committee if you would like to join us.
HOW TO TAKE PART , IT IS FREE TO ENTER ,WHY NOT ENTER THIS YEAR?
a) Please tick or circle the classes you wish to enter on the CLASSES TO ENTER and on the ENTRY FORM, and hand the ENTRY FORM to any member of the committee by Thurs 30th August 2018. You may either use the copy you receive in late July or early August or print a copy from this website. You may enter as many classes as you like. Please read the regulations below.
b) Come to Cantley Village Hall from 9.15am on Saturday 1st September 2018 with your exhibits. You will then be given a batch of sticky labels with your allocated number. You may then label and display your exhibits. Please leave the hall by 10.30am. Judging will commence at 10.45am.
c) Come back at 2pm when the Hall is open to the public to view the exhibits and to take part in the raffle and tombola, as well as enjoying a cup of tea or coffee and a chat.
d) The Trophies will be presented soon after 3.00pm followed by the payment of prize money and a period for those exhibits, not to be left for the auction, to be removed. This is followed by an auction of produce, the draw for the lucky number door tickets and the raffle draw. We are always very grateful to those exhibitors who donate produce for the auction.
1. All entry forms must be handed in by Thursday 30th August 2018. Late entries may be accepted on the day at the discretion of the committee.
2. All exhibits must be clearly labelled with the exhibitor’s number. (The numbered stickers are supplied on the morning of the show)
3. No exhibitor may make more than one entry per class.
4. The exhibitor, with the exception of classes B1, B2 & B3 (Flower Arranging), must have grown all flowers and produce.
5. Exhibitors must supply their own plates and baskets. Limited supplies of vases for flowers are available at the hall.
6. All cookery items must have been prepared by the exhibitor. Any exposed cookery items should be covered. (Cling film is acceptable).
7. Handicraft exhibits must have been made by the exhibitor within the last 2 years.
8. Photographs must have been taken by the exhibitor and must not exceed 10 inches by 8 inches (25cm x 20cm) including any mount. There is no time limit on when the photograph was taken. (These rules apply to the adult and child classes)
9. No exhibits or prize tickets to be removed before presentation of cups.
10. Prizes and Points to be awarded as follows:-
1st Prize 50p 2nd Prize 30p 3rd Prize 20p.
1st Prize 50 points 2nd Prize 30 points 3rd Prize 20 points.
11. Exhibitors may stage from 9.15am until 10.30am on the day of the show.
12. The exhibits and the presentation of the Trophies may be photographed on behalf of the Flower Show Committee. These photographs remain the property of the Committee and may be used at their discretion. (Website, press etc).
13. 19 challenge cups will be awarded, to be held for one year only and returned by the Thursday preceding the next Flower Show.
14. THE EXTERNAL JUDGES’ DECISION IS FINAL.